COORDINATION OF RESEARCH TRANSFER, SERVICES, AND LIAISON (COVISTI)
The Coordination of Research Transfer, Services, and Liaison (COVISTI) is the area that links the institution with the productive sectors of the country to support its economic development. It offers highly specialized services in environment, biotechnology-based businesses, and research transfer of the results directed to boost growth and development at local, regional, and national level. Likewise, its purpose is to contribute to the conservation of natural resources to ensure their sustainable management by applying scientific knowledge when providing professional, reliable, and quality information in the studies performed, and help in decision making in the public and private sectors.
COVISTI functions basically in six points of action: Science Education Outreach Program (PACE), Scientific Promotion and Extension Department (DIECI), Environmental Studies and Specialized Services (SEASE), Biotechnology-based Business Unit (NEBIOT), Support Services and Laboratories Unit (ULSA), and the Legal Unit for Contracts, Agreements, and Consultancy (CONAS).
COVISTI has the mission to:
- Provide technical support and services to CIBNOR scientific research programs and/or projects;
- Boost CIBNOR's role and contribute to make it take a stance within the process of national change;
- Participate in regional development by promoting access to knowledge that can be applied to different sectors in society.
COVISTI provides a wide and varied set of services and technical support:
- To researchers within fiscal or own-resource projects;
- To external customers, such as agricultural farmers, aquaculturists, companies, governmental offices, cooperatives, and non-governmental organizations.
It constitutes an essential support for all the research work of the Center. Its commitment comprises planning, organizing, and performing activities related to the areas of Specialized Laboratory Services and Specialized Support Services, including specialized maintenance of scientific equipment and facilities.